Friday, March 29, 2013

Test Hike

Today was a test hike day for one of the kings. Conditions were cold and overcast, but a good day for a hike. With twenty two pounds on my back, I did around six miles in Sleepy Creek. I would have done more, but halfway in, I felt a couple of hot spots on my feet, so I rested on a rock (see the picture of my pack on the rock) and booked it back to my truck. No blisters, but as I am doing a two day hike on Monday, I wanted to be careful. I was on the north side of the lake on the Tuscarora Trail. It was extremely muddy, the trailhead was a road with jeep rivots, and it wasn't well marked at first, but as time went on, the trail turned into a nice little path. Ended the hike with a pipe full of Almost Heaven!

Look for a new blog post early next week!!!

Two Kings

No comments:

Post a Comment